Simple Ways to Add Witchcraft to Your Fall Routine

       

If there is any season that makes me feel a little more witchy, it's fall. Something about the colors, the falling leaves, pumpkins, and hay all make me feel a little more connected to my witchy side. There are plenty of ways to add a little bit of magic into your fall routine, some may even surprise you.

⋆˙⟡₊˚ෆ ───── ⋆🌿⋆ ───── ෆ˚₊⟡˙⋆
⚠️ This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase—
at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products I truly love and use in my magical practice.
⋆˙⟡₊˚ෆ ───── ⋆🌿⋆ ───── ෆ˚₊⟡˙⋆
⋆˙⟡₊˚ෆ ───── ⋆🌿⋆ ───── ෆ˚₊⟡˙⋆

Simple Fall Witchcraft Practices for Everyday Life

These fall practices include seasonal rituals, personal reflection, and grounding activities you can easily add to your routine.

1. Host a Bonfire-

A bonfire, you say? YES! Who does not love a roaring fire keeping back the cold from the fall breeze? Get some friends together and share stories. Talk about the different ways you believe you have grown as a person. Give thanks to those who came before you and honor the land.

I personally love to take the opportunity of a bonfire to let go of a few things that no longer serve me. I take a few scraps of paper and write things on them that I'm ready to let go of. For instance, heart ache, and then I burn them in the bonfire and image myself letting it all go. And don't forget to discuss your intentions for the next year.

2. Carve Pumpkins-

Once again you are probably reading this like 'I do this stuff every year' and that's great. Did you know that once upon a time the Celtic people carved turnips into frightening faces? They did this for protection, as it was believed these carved turnips helped keep away bad spirits.

This is something you can do alone, or with friends. As you carve your pumpkin think about your intentions...whether it be protection or something else. Image this thought, this feeling flowing from yourself into your carved pumpkin.

I think all of us have an all-time favorite carved pumpkin that we've done. My favorite one I've ever done would be when I did Oogie from Nightmare Before Christmas. What was your favorite of yours?

Here's a link to my favorite carving pumpkin kit, they've recently updated. The tools are strong enough to reuse, and the etching tools it includes were vital to me for making Oogie.

3. Dress up for the holiday-

You, like me, might be a little too old for trick or treating but we are not too old to dress up. Get into your best witch aesthetic clothes or get a fun costume from the store. Every year while I'm sitting out handing out candy, I wear the same witch hatand I love any excuse to wear it. It's not too tall or gaudy, simple and short with a cute little bend near the tip.

4. Do Shadow Work-

There is no better time to do shadow work then as the veil begins to thin between our world and what many people call the shadow realm. Shadow Work helps us get down to our repressed emotions, fears and desires. It can help you make peace with parts of yourself that keep you down. Shadow work can even help your relationships and friendships. Get closer to your shadow self with amazing shadow work journals.

5. Host or Have a Feast-

Set up your table with your favorite fall decor. Perhaps colorful leaves, pumpkins, gourds and candles. Invite friends or family for a fun night. Try to include foods such as root vegetables, apples, herbs like cinnamon, and meats like pork. It's also a great time to honor lost loved ones with their favorite recipes. Don't forget to take time to think about them as you dive into their favorite dishes.

6. Decorate your Altar-

Decorating your altar with things like apples, pumpkins, candles in colors like black, orange and dark purple are some of the easiest ways you can decorate your altar for the approaching Samhain. Don't forget to set out and display some of your divination tools like tarot cards and a pendulum.

7- Nature Walks-

It might seem a little silly for me to be saying take a walk, but a walk in nature can be the most grounding thing you can do. At least in my opinion. Settle in to enjoy the weather, put a headphone in so you can listen to something calming and just walk through a nearby park or forest. Take in the beauty that surrounds you and remember to give thanks to nature for giving us such a beautiful place to live.This is also the perfect time to gather things for potential spells or DIY projects. That perfect red leaf on the ground? Pick that up! The beautifully shaped pinecone laying on the ground? Grab that too. The DIY crafts you can do to celebrate the season are abundant.

8. Charity Work-

Consider reaching out around your community to see ways you can give back. Perhaps there's a food drive you can donate a few canned goods to? Or maybe a place you can donate some old clothes. Any amount of help is wonderful, if you can only donate a little bit of stuff or a little bit of time that is completely okay. Not everyone has the money to donate a lot. Helping your community and giving back shows and reinforces gratitude, which in any witch's journey is important. Think about how you are lucky to have the things you have, and how amazing it is that you are able to give back.

⋆˙⟡₊˚ෆ ───── ⋆🌿⋆ ───── ෆ˚₊⟡˙⋆

Rowan's Thoughts

What are some of the things that you like to do every Fall? How many things did you do before your journey into the craft that you now realize were a little witchy after all? For me it was a bit of a shock that I was already doing so many things that could be considered witchy. I guess a part of me always knew that this was a journey that I wanted to take. I denied it for many years, worried about what others would think. It wasn't until my best friend brought it up to that I even considered it could be a possibility for me. Now, years later, I know it was the right decision for me.

Blessed Be, Rowan ✧

⋆˙⟡₊˚ෆ ───── ⋆🌿⋆ ───── ෆ˚₊⟡˙⋆

✨ SHOP HERE ✨

Find the magical tools, herbs, and supplies I use in my practice. These are all trusted favorites — and some links are affiliate links at no extra cost to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Witchy DIY Projects You Can Make All Year Round

Winter Simmer Pot for Home Cleansing

Stirring the Brew: A Witchy Quote, a Creative Milestone, and What’s Coming Next